From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fluxbox/Conky acting up
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:41:41
1 On Friday 19 January 2007 21:28, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
2 > On 1/19/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > What you probably need is a line like:
5 > > ============================================
6 > > kill -HUP conky
7 > > ============================================
8 > > after your 'exec /usr/bin/conky &' entry in .fluxbox/startup.
9 > >
10 > > Alternatively,
11 > > ============================================meant to be
12 > > kill -HUP `echo ${SOME_THING} | cut -d ':' -f 2`
13 > > ============================================
14 > > may do the trick but only if 'SOME_THING' is an environment variable for
15 > > conky, which may or may not exist. If it doesn't exist then you need a
16 > > string which will source the conky PID from ps. I haven't such a string
17 > > available here, but I recall seeing something in Google.
18
19 > I've solved the problem by taking your suggestion further. I've added
20 >
21 > pkill -HUP conky
22 >
23 > to my startup file, before starting Conky. That does the trick as far as I
24 > can tell.
25
26 Try adding it after the start fluxbox line. Then it should kill it when
27 fluxbox exits.
28
29 PS. Your English is perfect and so would be your netiquette, especially if you
30 posted messages in plain text only! ;-)
31 --
32 Regards,
33 Mick