From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] PS/2->USB-Keyboard and the BIOS
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:01:05
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a problem here...(as you may have already guessed...;)
4
5 I have an old PS/2 keyboard, which I do love a lot. This PS/2-
6 keyboard is connected via a Chesen Electronics Corp. PS/2 Keyboard+Mouse Adapter
7 to an USB-port of my ASUS Corsshair IV formula board.
8
9 When Linux is running I have not a single problem with this setup...
10 BUT entering the bootselector via F8 while BIOS is coming up is
11 to 99% impossible. I managed that only once.
12 On the other hand: Entering BIOS with F1 is not simple and often
13 requires several boots, but it is possible.
14
15 What can I do to make F8/the bootselector work?
16
17 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
18 Have a nice weekend!
19 Best regards,
20 mcc