From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PS/2->USB-Keyboard and the BIOS
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:18:57
1 On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:59 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a problem here...(as you may have already guessed...;)
5 >
6 > I have an old PS/2 keyboard, which I do love a lot. This PS/2-
7 > keyboard is connected via a Chesen Electronics Corp. PS/2 Keyboard+Mouse Adapter
8 > to an USB-port of my ASUS Corsshair IV formula board.
9 >
10 > When Linux is running I have not a single problem with this setup...
11 > BUT entering the bootselector via F8 while BIOS is coming up is
12 > to 99% impossible. I managed that only once.
13 > On the other hand: Entering BIOS with F1 is not simple and often
14 > requires several boots, but it is possible.
15 >
16 > What can I do to make F8/the bootselector work?
17
18 At my job we have some Dell computers, where the USB keyboard doesn't
19 respond for more than 1 minute after the machine boots UNLESS it is
20 plugged into a specific USB port. So maybe you can try to use
21 different ports, just in case it's a similar problem.