From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no mouse nor keyboard on X
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 14:34:37
1 On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Francisco Ares wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi, guys,
6 >>
7 >> After quite a long update list of packages (100+) and a reboot, I could
8 >> not work in any window or desktop manager I have installed.
9 >>
10 >> I rebooted (the ACPI power switch worked fine) and managed to get
11 >> interactive action during the init scripts and did not allowed "xdm" to
12 >> start.
13 >>
14 >> Then I was able to use normaly the keyboard and mouse ("gpm"). Forced
15 >> reinstall of xorg-server, xorg-drivers, xorg-cf-files, xdm, kdm (also, in my
16 >> case, nvidia-drivers) and tryed to use Window Maker - no mouse movements,
17 >> although the pointer was there, and no visible keyboard effect.
18 >>
19 >> Any hints on how to get things back?
20 >>
21 >> Thanks
22 >> Francisco
23 >>
24 >> --
25 >> "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
26 >> and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one
27 >> idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." -
28 >> George Bernard Shaw
31 > I just went through the same thing. I don't think xorg got updated but my
32 > X wouldn't start at all. This may help you as it did me:
33 >
34 > emerge -1a $(qlist -I -C x11-drivers/)
35 >
36 > Hope this helps.
37 >
38 > Dale
39 >
40 > :-) :-)
43 Thanks, Alan and Dale, now I am writing this in Firefox using a webmail
44 account.
45
46 That's why I love Linux: great tools and lots of helpful people around.
47
48 Thanks again
49 Francisco
53 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
54 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one
55 idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." -
56 George Bernard Shaw