From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to use for Flash?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 01:19:08
1 Mick wrote:
2
3 > The latest stable www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2.202.235 includes the sse2check
4 > flag and warnings about it - I take it that you have taken hid of these?
5 >
6 > $ euse -i sse2check
7 > global use flags (searching: sse2check)
8 > ************************************************************
9 > no matching entries found
10 >
11 > local use flags (searching: sse2check)
12 > ************************************************************
13 > [- ] sse2check
14 > www-plugins/adobe-flash: This flag, enabled by default, will check
15 > for sse2 support on your cpu and die if not found. If you are
16 > remote-building this package, you can disable this flag but you have
17 > been warned
18 > 10.3.183.18 [gentoo]
19 > [+ B] 11.2.202.228 [gentoo]
20 > [+ B] 11.2.202.233 [gentoo]
21 > [+ B] 11.2.202.235 [gentoo]
24 I checked on this when it was mentioned, I guess in the other thread.
25 It appears it got changed when I did my upgrade. At least it doesn't
26 crash now. It was enabled tho so I fixed that.
27
28 New problem tho. I have Seamonkey's web browser on desktop 1. The
29 email is on desktop 2. My local radar from NOAA uses flash. When I
30 load it, I can see the image from flash on both desktop 1 and 2.
31 Everything else is updated except the flash part. If I switch a couple
32 times, it gets really weird looking. Looks like someone slipped LSD in
33 my drink or something. Just weird colors and such.
34
35 What's up with that? I'm going to try rebuilding a couple things to
36 make sure everything is in sync. Maybe that will fix it.
37
38 While I am at it. Is HTML5 going to replace flash? I don't mean in the
39 next week but over a period of time. While researching this, I ran
40 across posts that suggest HTML5 will render flash outdated. Just curious.
41
42 Dale
43
47 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
48 how you interpreted my words!
49
50 Miss the compile output? Hint:
51 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"