From: ny6p01@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to use for Flash?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 16:44:34
1 On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 08:17:04PM -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 >
4 > > The latest stable www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2.202.235 includes the sse2check
5 > > flag and warnings about it - I take it that you have taken hid of these?
6 > >
7 > > $ euse -i sse2check
8 > > global use flags (searching: sse2check)
9 > > ************************************************************
10 > > no matching entries found
11 > >
12 > > local use flags (searching: sse2check)
13 > > ************************************************************
14 > > [- ] sse2check
15 > > www-plugins/adobe-flash: This flag, enabled by default, will check
16 > > for sse2 support on your cpu and die if not found. If you are
17 > > remote-building this package, you can disable this flag but you have
18 > > been warned
19 > > 10.3.183.18 [gentoo]
20 > > [+ B] 11.2.202.228 [gentoo]
21 > > [+ B] 11.2.202.233 [gentoo]
22 > > [+ B] 11.2.202.235 [gentoo]
25 > I checked on this when it was mentioned, I guess in the other thread.
26 > It appears it got changed when I did my upgrade. At least it doesn't
27 > crash now. It was enabled tho so I fixed that.
28 >
29 > New problem tho. I have Seamonkey's web browser on desktop 1. The
30 > email is on desktop 2. My local radar from NOAA uses flash. When I
31 > load it, I can see the image from flash on both desktop 1 and 2.
32 > Everything else is updated except the flash part. If I switch a couple
33 > times, it gets really weird looking. Looks like someone slipped LSD in
34 > my drink or something. Just weird colors and such.
35 >
36 > What's up with that? I'm going to try rebuilding a couple things to
37 > make sure everything is in sync. Maybe that will fix it.
38 >
39 > While I am at it. Is HTML5 going to replace flash? I don't mean in the
40 > next week but over a period of time. While researching this, I ran
41 > across posts that suggest HTML5 will render flash outdated. Just curious.
42 >
43 > Dale
44 >
45 > :-) :-)
46 >
47 > --
48 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
49 > how you interpreted my words!
50 >
51 > Miss the compile output? Hint:
52 > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"
55 I hope not. HTML5 runs like crap here. I think it may need a faster dl speed
56 than I've got. If everything does migrate I might have to upgrade my
57 internet speed.
58
59 Terry