From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] auto mounting and umounting flash drives using udev rule
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:08:13
1 Em 16/06/2014 19:52, "Neil Bothwick" <neil@××××××××××.uk> escreveu:
2 >
3 > On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 16:58:07 -0300, Francisco Ares wrote:
4 >
5 > > Regarding umounting, it umounts the drive after it is removed, which
6 > > looks strange (to say the least) to me.
7 >
8 > Udev doesn't know you want to remove the drive until you've pulled it.
9 > Apparently, a future release of systemd will be able to predict when you
10 > want to remove the drive as it will control everything you do.
13 :-) well, by 'unount' I mean getting rid of the mounted tree and mount
14 point.
15
16 > > Did I miss something? Or, in other words, is there a way of forcing
17 > > operations on a usb flash media to always flush buffers and/or caches as
18 > > fast as possible?
19 >
20 > Mount it with the sync option. On the other hand, this increases the
21 > number of writes to the drive, quickly killing performance and slowly
22 > killing the drive.
26 Thanks for this, I will use it. This system is an embedded one, the usb
27 stick is for eventual data base backups. I'll remember to do as few writes
28 as possible to it.
29
30 > --
31 > Neil Bothwick
32 >
33 > We all know what comes after 'X', said Tom, wisely.
34
35 Thanks again,
36 Francisco