From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kernel tuning
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 16:15:26
1 I've got a farm of 32-bit redhat 7 web servers that we're about to start
2 migrating to gentoo on amd64 servers. One question my boss had that I can't
3 seem to answer is this. Redhat kernels are supposedly tuned for "sane
4 defaults" and I've done no "tuning" at all on the gentoo boxes. Using gentoo
5 sources and NOT genkernel, can anyone give me some hints about what I need to
6 look at? I'd be very embarrased if I replaced older 32-bit redhat 7 boxes
7 with 64-bit gentoo boxes and the migration failed because I didn't change
8 some parameter to tweak these guys for apache/zope.
9 --
10 John Jolet
11 Your On-Demand IT Department
12 512-762-0729