From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] merging or fitting images together
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 00:35:19
1 120520 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > as Philip later remarked, it turns out the lens was likely a 75mm prime
3
4 The picture of the camera looks exactly what I remember,
5 tho' there might have been different models with different lenses.
6 It was a very good camera for its time.
7
8 > The leftmost portion will never look all that great,
9 > as he captured the Sun setting behind a building
10 > or maybe that's a water spot
11
12 The Sun was indeed setting to the left at that time + date,
13 but the bluish blemish is some sort of physical decay in the negative,
14 which was stored in a cardboard box for c 55 yr without being touched.
15
16 > If these source JPG files are scans of paper photos
17
18 No, they're 2 overlapping scans of the same negative,
19 whose size is 58 x 43 mm = 2,3 x 1,7 inch .
20
21 > Anyway, the final Hugin pto file is here: http://pastebin.com/gudxvAEa
22
23 What is a 'pto' file ? -- I downloaded it & it's text.
24
25 > And the final stitch is here:
26 > http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2030/brum3068brum30702.jpg
27
28 All Firefox gives me is a black window : can you check ?
32 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
33 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
34 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca