From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Another USE question
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:27:18
1 On 27 May 2009, at 09:15, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> This is why I have arrived at the combination of euse (and now
4 >> `equery
5 >> uses`) to view USE descriptions and flagedit for setting them. I
6 >> think
7 >> that from a usability point of view these are easier than either ufed
8 >> or a text editor.
9 >
10 > except that you obviously did not use ufed.
11
12 You can be very combative in debate, Volker.
13
14 I *have* used ufed, and I didn't like it. It's just a personal
15 preference, and not an insult to you. I'm sorry if you're the author.
16 If I offend you by having a preference for other software than ufed,
17 imagine how Microsoft's programmers must hurt, being shunned by all of
18 us on this list.
19
20 I didn't know that you could scroll the descriptions left and right. I
21 guess this is because I expect such a simple piece of interactive
22 software to be intuitive, so I never read the manual. I don't happen
23 to find ufed's other commands terribly intuitive, either - surely it's
24 just me, but I tend to find myself typing "q" then "Q" when I want to
25 quit it. In the space at the bottom of the window - where it tells me
26 the correct keys - there is room to add "<-, -> Scroll Description"; I
27 suggest you do so, if you are indeed ufed's author, so you don't have
28 to call anyone else a retard (or a liar) in the future. I happen to
29 find the description scrolls a little too slowly for my purposes, BTW.
30
31 Stroller.