From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: smoothest way to jump from 2006 to 2008
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:31:10
1 On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:49:25 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 > > eix-sync
5 > > eix-test-obsolete
6 > > emerge -pvDuN --with-bdeps=y world
7 > > emerge -p --depclean
8 > > emerge -pvDuN --with-bdeps=y world
9 > > revdep-rebuild -p
10 > > eix-test-obsolete
11 >
12 > I'd run the first eix-test-obsolete after emerge --depclean since adding.
13 > removing or updating packages can change the relevance of entries
14 > in /etc/portage/package.*
17 > --
18 > Neil Bothwick
19
20 Agreed Neil. Actually I'm pretty much running that things after every
21 step. It only takes about 20 seconds to run and is a nice early
22 warning system for things to come.
23
24 What I'd really like would be for eix-test-obsolete to have an option
25 to run against the remote rsync server *before* I run eix-sync so that
26 I can see what my issues will be after the sync operation removes
27 things. That would give me a nice heads up that I need to archive
28 something before I get sent to the CVS attic.
29
30 Thanks,
31 Mark
32 --