From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ssh problem : half-solved
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 09:09:04
1 On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 08:43:52 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > Try without the +, that works for me here. I have an appliance that
4 > > uses outdated algorithms and this config works for me
5 > >
6 > > Host 1.2.3.4
7 > > Ciphers 3des-cbc
8 > > KexAlgorithms diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
9 > > HostKeyAlgorithms ssh-dss
10 >
11 > As I understand it the "+" merely adds one more cipher to the
12 > collection. This is probably safer. If the server has been updated and
13 > non-legacy key exchange algorithms are now available they can be used.
14 > Without "+" the directive for the client is exclusive: only use this
15 > algorithm and nothing else.
16
17 That's how I read it, but it says it appends to the list, so this is the
18 last option tried, while an earlier one could possibly be triggering the
19 failure. With + would be better, but it would be worth trying without.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 "" " """ " "" " """ <-- random quotes