From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ssh problem : half-solved
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 09:23:47
1 190311 Neil Bothwick + Mick wrote:
2 NB> Try without the +, that works for me here. I have an appliance
3 > that uses outdated algorithms and this config works for me
4 > Host 1.2.3.4
5 > Ciphers 3des-cbc
6 > KexAlgorithms diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
7 > HostKeyAlgorithms ssh-dss
8
9 I tried adding the 2 extra lines to ~/.ssh/config , but no joy.
10 I didn't reboot, but it's not clear that that would make any difference.
11
12 M> As I understand it the "+" merely adds one more cipher to the collection.
13 > This is probably safer. If the server has been updated
14 > and non-legacy key exchange algorithms are now available they can be used.
15 > Without "+" the directive for the client is exclusive :
16 > only use this algorithm and nothing else.
17
18 That's what the 'man' says.
19
20 NB> That's how I read it, but it says it appends to the list,
21 > so this is the last option tried,
22 > while an earlier one could possibly be triggering the failure.
23 > With + would be better, but it would be worth trying without.
24
25 I tried both & neither gets Ssh to recognise the config.
26
27 This is a puzzle : are they any other suggestions ?
31 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
32 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
33 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca