From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Replacement for qpopper
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 13:57:34
1 On Monday, 14 October 2019 14:25:33 BST Hartmut Figge wrote:
2 > Paul Colquhoun:
3 > >I used to use qpopper until 2 or 3 years ago.
4 > >
5 > >Now i use net-mail/tpop3d
6 >
7 > I dared to remove qpopper and instal tpop3d.
8 >
9 > >It's entice config file is:
10 > >
11 > ># cat /etc/tpop3d/tpop3d.conf
12 > >listen-address: 127.0.0.1
13 > >mailbox: bsd:/var/spool/mail/$(user)
14 > >auth-pam-enable: true
15 > >auth-pam-mail-group: mail
16 >
17 > I have stolen that and it works for me.
18 >
19 > >It runs as a service, started from systemd.
20 >
21 > 'qlist tpop3d' shows '/etc/init.d/tpop3d' so I set a symlink from
22 > runlevels/default to that. I know, I know there is a Gentoo command to
23 > do that but I didn't remember. Setting the symlink was the easy way. ;)
24 >
25 > Thanks once more.
26 >
27 > Hartmut
28
29 TBH I also tend to set symlinks manually (old dog, new tricks), but there are
30 the ever so easy gentoo commands of eselect and rc-update:
31
32 eselect rc add tpop3d default
33
34 Or,