From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Replacement for qpopper
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 13:25:49
1 Paul Colquhoun:
2
3 >I used to use qpopper until 2 or 3 years ago.
4 >
5 >Now i use net-mail/tpop3d
6
7 I dared to remove qpopper and instal tpop3d.
8
9 >It's entice config file is:
10 >
11 ># cat /etc/tpop3d/tpop3d.conf
12 >listen-address: 127.0.0.1
13 >mailbox: bsd:/var/spool/mail/$(user)
14 >auth-pam-enable: true
15 >auth-pam-mail-group: mail
16
17 I have stolen that and it works for me.
18
19 >It runs as a service, started from systemd.
20
21 'qlist tpop3d' shows '/etc/init.d/tpop3d' so I set a symlink from
22 runlevels/default to that. I know, I know there is a Gentoo command to
23 do that but I didn't remember. Setting the symlink was the easy way. ;)
24
25 Thanks once more.
26
27 Hartmut