From: Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replacement for qpopper
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 07:24:46
1 On Monday, October 14, 2019 5:46:46 P.M. AEDT Hartmut Figge wrote:
2 > Greetings,
3 >
4 > first some history. qpopper was masked a long time ago now but is still
5 > installed and working on my Gentoo. Even if it doesn't show up anymore
6 > on eix. But it does on eix-test-obsolete.
7 >
8 > I don't like this situation and would like to get rid of qpopper and
9 > replace it with another package. Nothing fancy, only to allow clients to
10 > use POP3 on localhost.
11 >
12 > Looking at the possibilities it seems I have to use popa3d which I know
13 > nothing about. Experiments would be tricky because first I would have to
14 > remove qpopper and would then have lost the current ability to use POP3.
15 > And if there are difficulties with popa3d... ;)
16 >
17 > Suggestions?
18 >
19 > Hartmut
22 I used to use qpopper until 2 or 3 years ago.
23
24 Now i use net-mail/tpop3d
25
26 It's entice config file is:
27
28 # cat /etc/tpop3d/tpop3d.conf
29 listen-address: 127.0.0.1
30 mailbox: bsd:/var/spool/mail/$(user)
31 auth-pam-enable: true
32 auth-pam-mail-group: mail
35 It runs as a service, started from systemd.
39 Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/
40 Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first:
41 http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro