From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dev-python/whoosh fails to compile
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2017 15:32:09
1 On 2017-08-09 02:35, John Covici wrote:
2
3 > whoosh was looking for
4 > raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
5 > pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'sphinxcontrib-websupport'
6 > distribution was not found and is required by Sphinx
7 > So, I emerged that, but I had to use --nodeps because it wanted
8 > whoosh first, and after doing that I was able to emerge whoosh. Very
9 > nuts.
10
11 Ah, but the dep of whoosh on sphinx is conditional:
12
13 DEPEND="
14 dev-python/setuptools[${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
15 doc? ( dev-python/sphinx )
16 test? ( dev-python/pytest[${PYTHON_USEDEP}] )"
17
18 So, bug #627244 is relevant after all.
19
20 I don't have doc in make.conf, so it should just work for me [murmurs a
21 belief-neutral invocation/]
24 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
25 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
26 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.