From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dev-python/whoosh fails to compile
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2017 06:35:37
1 On Wed, 09 Aug 2017 00:06:08 -0400,
2 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 >
4 > On 2017-07-29 11:23, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > > On 29/07/2017 10:51, John Covici wrote:
7 > > > Hi. In my latest world update, portage wants to include this new
8 > > > package dev-python/whoosh. The package fails to compile and googling
9 > > > and searching bgo yields nothing.
10 > > >
11 > > > Any assistance would be appreciated.
12 > >
13 > > [snip]
14 > >
15 > > > pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'sphinxcontrib-websupport' distribution was not found and is required by Sphinx
16 > >
17 > > [snip]
18 > >
19 > > > * The specific snippet of code:
20 > > > * sphinx-build -b html -c docs/source/ docs/source/ docs/source/build/html || die;
21 > >
22 > > File a bug at bgo
23 >
24 > What was the conclusion of this? After syncing my portage wants to
25 > build this too (the same exact version), and I'm afraid to let it
26 > proceed lest I land in a mess.
27 >
28 > I couldn't find any relevant filed bug, either.
29
30 I have not had a chance to file a bug, but I got it working by doing
31 the following:
32 whoosh was looking for
33 raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
34 pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'sphinxcontrib-websupport'
35 distribution was not found and is required by Sphinx
36 So, I emerged that, but I had to use --nodeps because it wanted
37 whoosh first, and after doing that I was able to emerge whoosh. Very
38 nuts.
42 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
43 How do
44 you spend it?
45
46 John Covici