From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dev-python/whoosh fails to compile
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2017 04:19:03
1 On 2017-07-29 11:23, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > On 29/07/2017 10:51, John Covici wrote:
4 > > Hi. In my latest world update, portage wants to include this new
5 > > package dev-python/whoosh. The package fails to compile and googling
6 > > and searching bgo yields nothing.
7 > >
8 > > Any assistance would be appreciated.
9 >
10 > [snip]
11 >
12 > > pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'sphinxcontrib-websupport' distribution was not found and is required by Sphinx
13 >
14 > [snip]
15 >
16 > > * The specific snippet of code:
17 > > * sphinx-build -b html -c docs/source/ docs/source/ docs/source/build/html || die;
18 >
19 > File a bug at bgo
20
21 What was the conclusion of this? After syncing my portage wants to
22 build this too (the same exact version), and I'm afraid to let it
23 proceed lest I land in a mess.
24
25 I couldn't find any relevant filed bug, either.
28 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
29 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
30 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.