From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: About the change from /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 17:22:55
1 pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> writes:
2
3 > Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >
5 >> So, where would I make such a setting in the new arrangement?... I
6 >> suspect I could force a return to xorg.conf... but would sooner
7 >> understand how to utilize the new proceedure.
8 >
9 > xorg.conf still works fine with the latest incarnations of Xorg. If you
10 > are refering to HAL and such, I don't think it has anything to do with
11 > this particular feature; I'm sure you can use a minimal xorg.conf with
12 > your virtual screen size. Disclaimer: I don't use HAL or dbus and I use
13 > latest stable Xorg (xorg-x11-7.4-r1 and xorg-server-1.6.5-r1).
14
15 You are right... I just stuck my old xorg.conf in there and have my
16 massive desktop back.
17 >
18 > In the future Xorg will move to a slightly different setup with files
19 > under /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ instead of just one file but I think that's
20 > for xorg-server-1.8... (or even later). And HAL is replaced by libudev
21 > (yay!).
22
23 For now, with hal, with dbus, assuming no xorg.conf... where are
24 custom settings regarding the X session done?