From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About the change from /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 00:06:40
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > So, where would I make such a setting in the new arrangement?... I
4 > suspect I could force a return to xorg.conf... but would sooner
5 > understand how to utilize the new proceedure.
6
7 xorg.conf still works fine with the latest incarnations of Xorg. If you
8 are refering to HAL and such, I don't think it has anything to do with
9 this particular feature; I'm sure you can use a minimal xorg.conf with
10 your virtual screen size. Disclaimer: I don't use HAL or dbus and I use
11 latest stable Xorg (xorg-x11-7.4-r1 and xorg-server-1.6.5-r1).
12
13 In the future Xorg will move to a slightly different setup with files
14 under /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ instead of just one file but I think that's
15 for xorg-server-1.8... (or even later). And HAL is replaced by libudev
16 (yay!).
17
18 Best regards
19