From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and initramfs
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:20:02
1 On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 13:10:26 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > > So, how do/can you *guarantee* that nothing ever gets out of sync?
4 >
5 > You could add a custom postinst function to /etc/portage that would
6 > check whether any of the files included in your initramfs are newer than
7 > the initramfs/kernel and send an ewarn if so.
8
9 Running this once after each emerge world/system would be more efficient
10 than running it after every package, something like this
11
12 #!/bin/sh
13
14 KERNEL="/boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r)"
15
16 for FILE in $(awk '/^file/ {print $3}' /usr/src/init.cfg); do
17 if [[ ${FILE} -nt ${KERNEL} ]]; then
18 echo "${FILE} is newer than initramfs"
19 fi
20 done
21
22 Incidentally, testing this showed that my busybox has been updated since
23 the kernel was built, but I have managed to reboot without the sky
24 falling in.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 On the other hand, you have different fingers.