From: Jonathan Haws <Jonathan.Haws@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Ghosting a Ext3 partition
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:28:01
1 I am having a major problem right now with my laptop.
2
3 I regularly make backups of my system using Norton Ghost 2003 to DVD.
4 However, my laptop crashed and I tried to restore my backup that I had made
5 and it restores just find but when I try and boot it tells me that my Ext3
6 filesystem is corrupt and had errors and I would have to run fsck manually.
7
8 When I ran fsck it told be that about every inode was invalid and that Group X
9 had all sorts of other problems (I can't remember every little detail).
10
11 Doesn't Ghost work with Ext3? What can I do to recover my system without
12 reinstalling from scratch?
13
14 Thanks!
15