From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ghosting a Ext3 partition
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 02:53:41
1 Jonathan Haws wrote:
2 > I regularly make backups of my system using Norton Ghost 2003 to DVD.
3 > However, my laptop crashed and I tried to restore my backup that I had made
4 > and it restores just find but when I try and boot it tells me that my Ext3
5 > filesystem is corrupt and had errors and I would have to run fsck manually.
6 >
7 > When I ran fsck it told be that about every inode was invalid and that Group X
8 > had all sorts of other problems (I can't remember every little detail).
9 >
10 > Doesn't Ghost work with Ext3? What can I do to recover my system without
11 > reinstalling from scratch?
15 Hmm - I would have thought it would... but for future reference I would
16 recommend using a more Linux friendly (and reliable) tool like dumpe2fs ...
17
18 Mark
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list