From: Haim Ashkenazi <haim@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QoS/tc under gentoo
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 14:07:23
1 On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 18:06 -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > I've recently gotten interested in using tc to manage my upstream
3 > bandwidth. Is there a gentoo package that provides an init script to
4 > start tc rules ala iptables-save/restore?
5 >
6 > Also, if anyone knows of a good front-end to tc, it would be nice to try
7 > out, esp. now that I'm comfortable messing with it from the command-line.
8 >
9 > I don't require ingress or IMQ support, just standard egress.
10 If you're using shorewall for iptables, you can configure tc through it.
11 If this is a ppp connection you can put it in /etc/ppp/ip-up.local. I
12 have this line in ip-up.local for very basic traffic control:
13
14 /sbin/tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root tbf rate 85kbit latency 50ms burst 1540
15
16 so every time the connection starts it limits the queue sent to the
17 modem.
18
19 Bye
20 --