From: "Sebastián Magrí" <sebasmagri@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 20:42:45
1 El mié, 04-02-2009 a las 22:24 +0200, Alan McKinnon escribió:
2 > On Wednesday 04 February 2009 19:48:27 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 > > > Gentoo forces you to use linux in the sense that you need to
4 > > > do all the work by yourself to install it. What you describe is
5 > > > just the regular update/install process, which is simple enough
6 > > > as you said.
7 > >
8 > > It was very easy for me. The first I came in tough with Gentoo was with
9 > > the 2007 DVD. I booted, double clicked the installer icon, clicked
10 > > "next" a few times with checking some tickboxes too, and then emerged -e
11 > > system and world and the packages I need.
12 >
13 > You should have been around in the days when stage1 was still supported.
14 >
15 > Now that was fun. For varying definitions of "fun" of course :-)
18 The installation experience with the traditional method must be
19 mandatory... That's why I think we are better now that GLI is
20 deprecated...