From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 20:26:07
1 On Wednesday 04 February 2009 19:48:27 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > > Gentoo forces you to use linux in the sense that you need to
3 > > do all the work by yourself to install it. What you describe is
4 > > just the regular update/install process, which is simple enough
5 > > as you said.
6 >
7 > It was very easy for me.  The first I came in tough with Gentoo was with
8 > the 2007 DVD.  I booted, double clicked the installer icon, clicked
9 > "next" a few times with checking some tickboxes too, and then emerged -e
10 > system and world and the packages I need.
11
12 You should have been around in the days when stage1 was still supported.
13
14 Now that was fun. For varying definitions of "fun" of course :-)
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com