From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to wipe windows for gentoo w/possibility of restoration...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:12:27
1 I've got a laptop. It has a working win xp system on it (plus all apps, etc).
2
3 I want to wipe windows off of it and put gentoo on it.
4
5 But, after gentoo is up and running, I'd like to create a partition to restore
6 the windows partition to.
7
8 Laptop has a CD burner for storing the data.
9
10 But I'm kinda at a loss on how to proceed. Obviously it is more complicated
11 than just doing a fresh install because I'd lose all of the applications,
12 etc. (including the installed drivers, registry, etc.).
13
14 Anyone out there know if such a thing is possible?
15
16 Thanks!
17
18 Dave