From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with depclean
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 19:01:59
1 Manuel McLure wrote:
4 > On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 11:05 AM Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk
5 > <mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Is @kernels in /var/lib/portage/world_sets?
10 > I tested this and I found that the "emerge -n @kernels" did not add
11 > @kernels to /var/lib/portage/world_sets. However, if I manually edited
12 > world_sets and added @kernels then this works as expected.
13 > --
14 > Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel@××××××.org <mailto:manuel@××××××.org>>
15 > <http://www.mclure.org>
16 > ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
17 > no man may kill a cat.                       -- H.P. Lovecraft
20 Depending on the options used in make.conf for emerge, you may have to
21 use the --select y option to force it to be added.  I have -1 set as a
22 default in make.conf and when I want something added to the world file,
23 I have to use that option to force it.  I did that because I was tired
24 of things being added to world that I didn't want there.
25
26 Hope that helps.
27
28 Dale