From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with depclean
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:28:37
1 On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 14:01:49 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I tested this and I found that the "emerge -n @kernels" did not add
4 > > @kernels to /var/lib/portage/world_sets. However, if I manually edited
5 > > world_sets and added @kernels then this works as expected.
6
7 > Depending on the options used in make.conf for emerge, you may have to
8 > use the --select y option to force it to be added.  I have -1 set as a
9 > default in make.conf and when I want something added to the world file,
10 > I have to use that option to force it.  I did that because I was tired
11 > of things being added to world that I didn't want there.
12
13 This is the world_sets file. I had asumed that portage would behave in
14 the same way with sets as atoms, -n is the same as "--select y", but
15 apparently not.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Become a gynaecologist, look up a friend today.