From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage and local mirrors
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:52:05
1 On Thursday 27 October 2005 16:43, A. Khattri wrote:
2 > On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, John Jolet wrote:
3 > > Yes, I read that man page quite a bit. I have written a script that uses
4 > > from the command line rsync --rsh="ssh -l username" server::module/files
5 > > successfully. However, changing the SYNC line in make.conf to
6 > > rsync://user@host give me a connection refused.
7 >
8 > Is rsyncd running at the other end?
9 no. I will try starting that. our existin rsync process starts it because
10 the rsh= option.
11 >
12 > Is there a firewall on the client machine or the local respository
13 > machine?
14 yes, but it's not started.
15 >
16 > On the machine running rsyncd, have you edited the config file to allow
17 > the client machines to access the local respository?
18 >
19 yes, that directory is set up for a module.
20 > Many many possibilities to check.
23 > --
26 John Jolet
27 Your On-Demand IT Department