From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage and local mirrors
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:01:54
1 On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, John Jolet wrote:
2
3 > Yes, I read that man page quite a bit. I have written a script that uses from
4 > the command line rsync --rsh="ssh -l username" server::module/files
5 > successfully. However, changing the SYNC line in make.conf to
6 > rsync://user@host give me a connection refused.
7
8 Is rsyncd running at the other end?
9
10 Is there a firewall on the client machine or the local respository
11 machine?
12
13 On the machine running rsyncd, have you edited the config file to allow
14 the client machines to access the local respository?
15
16 Many many possibilities to check.
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list