From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Strange apache2 access_log entries
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 02:58:44
1 On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 18:51 -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm not doing any sort of monitoring like that. What is that "470"?
3 > I noticed the log entries always include that, at least for the last
4 > 10 days.
5
6 470 is the size of the HTTP response (read
7 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/logs.html). The client is coming from
8 the loopback device, i.e. the same machine as the server. So it's
9 something running on that machine talking to the server.
10
11 Are you sure you know what's running on your machine?
12
13 As another poster said, change your logging format and you should get
14 more information. See the above link and check your config.
15
16 -a
19 Albert W. Hopkins
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list