From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Strange apache2 access_log entries
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 05:02:45
1 > > I'm not doing any sort of monitoring like that. What is that "470"?
2 > > I noticed the log entries always include that, at least for the last
3 > > 10 days.
4 >
5 > 470 is the size of the HTTP response (read
6 > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/logs.html). The client is coming from
7 > the loopback device, i.e. the same machine as the server. So it's
8 > something running on that machine talking to the server.
9 >
10 > Are you sure you know what's running on your machine?
11
12 I sure hope so. It's a dedicated machine.
13
14 > As another poster said, change your logging format and you should get
15 > more information. See the above link and check your config.
16
17 I tried combined logging format, verified it was working, but no more
18 information was printed to the log file for those errors.
19
20 What else can I do to track this down?
21
22 - Grant
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list