From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo ADSL wireless router (3 questions)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 16:29:05
1 > > Status:Enable; VPI:0; VCL:35; Protocol:Bridge
2 > > Bridge Broadcast Enabled
3 > > Bridge Multicast Enabled
4 >
5 > Ooohhh, it's a /bridge/... I hadn't realised that. All of the routers
6 > I'm familiar with have acted as gateways/firewalls - and to be honest I
7 > don't really know how to deal with bridges. You could /try/ disabling
8 > the Private LAN option, which I suspect would remove the router from the
9 > equation and expose your Gentoo router completely to the Net. OTOH it
10 > might not. Be prepared and have your software-firewall-of-choice ready. ;)
11 >
12 > Ryan
13
14 The router actually won't let me disable the private LAN option. It
15 says I cannot disable both private and public LANs. That makes sense.
16 The static NAT option should "remove the router from the equation and
17 expose your Gentoo router completely to the Net" anyway right?
18
19 I'll see what I can find out about the rest of those options online.
20
21 - Grant
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list