From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo ADSL wireless router (3 questions)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 03:56:05
1 Grant wrote:
2 > ###
3 > Status:Enable; VPI:0; VCL:35; Protocol:Bridge
4 > Bridge Broadcast Enabled
5 > Bridge Multicast Enabled
6
7 Ooohhh, it's a /bridge/... I hadn't realised that. All of the routers
8 I'm familiar with have acted as gateways/firewalls - and to be honest I
9 don't really know how to deal with bridges. You could /try/ disabling
10 the Private LAN option, which I suspect would remove the router from the
11 equation and expose your Gentoo router completely to the Net. OTOH it
12 might not. Be prepared and have your software-firewall-of-choice ready. ;)
13
14 Ryan
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list