From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installed Gentoo on SSD - no bootable device
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 19:26:52
1 On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 08:02:08 -0600, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > I don't need to format sda1, grub2-install should take care of it. So
4 > what am I doing wrong?
5
6 Did you run grub2-install from within the chroot? I've had problems with
7 this in the past, no error messages but GRUB is not installed correctly.
8 Instead, mount your root and boot partitions at /mnt/gent
9 and /mnt/gentoo/boot and run grub2-install from the live system
10
11 grub2-install --root-directory=/mnt/gentoo --boot-directory=/mnt/gentoo/boot /dev/sda
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Conclusion: the place where you got tired of thinking.