From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installed Gentoo on SSD - no bootable device
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 19:54:04
1 On 09/05/14 20:26, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 08:02:08 -0600, Joseph wrote:
3 >
4 >> I don't need to format sda1, grub2-install should take care of it. So
5 >> what am I doing wrong?
6 >
7 >Did you run grub2-install from within the chroot? I've had problems with
8 >this in the past, no error messages but GRUB is not installed correctly.
9 >Instead, mount your root and boot partitions at /mnt/gent
10 >and /mnt/gentoo/boot and run grub2-install from the live system
11 >
12 >grub2-install --root-directory=/mnt/gentoo --boot-directory=/mnt/gentoo/boot /dev/sda
13
14 This will install grub in /mnt/gentoo/boot and will be gone after I reboot.
15
16 I was able to boot the system with systemrescue CD the kernel on the HD. The problem I have is my BIOS does not recognize GPT partition
17
18 I think I'll have to format entire drive in MBR and start from scratch.
19 How to format disk in MBR, current "fdisk" defaults to GPT.
22 Joseph