From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unicode characters not showing 'Hello, world' example golang.org
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 16:01:37
1 On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 6:33 PM, Alexander Kapshuk
2 <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 6:28 PM, Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr> wrote:
4 >> On Tue Oct 4 18:22:37 2016, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
5 >>> The 'Hello, world' example showcased on golang.org uses the Japanese
6 >>> characters for the word 'world'. Firefox 38 used to display those
7 >>> characters. Since the upgrade, firefox stopped showing those
8 >>> characters. Recently, I installed chromium as well. It never displayed
9 >>> those characters for me. I have not modified anything in my
10 >>> environment.
11 >>>
12 >>> What could be amiss there? Thanks.
13 >>
14 >> Hi,
15 >>
16 >> I’m using Firefox 45.4.0 and I see those Japanese characters.
17 >>
18 >> --
19 >> alarig
20 >
21 > That's interesting. I wonder what is the difference between your
22 > environment and mine then?
23
24 Would you mind providing the output of:
25
26 emerge -pv firefox, chromium?
27
28 Thanks.