From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Keyboard is dead after emerge-update
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 00:10:39
1 On 2016-03-21, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:52:26 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
3 >
4 >> Anyone who boots directly to X'doze without first going through a safe
5 >> console login is a raging mad lunatic who needs his head examined.
6
7 > After all, it's not as though it falls back to a console if X fails to
8 > load - as it does with monotonous regularity every eight years or so.
9
10 Except X failing to load and falling back toa console never seems to
11 the failure mode I'd run into. It's more like X starts up and the
12 keyboard and mouse don't work, so I've got to go dig out my laptop
13 (which was hopefully not left at the office) boot it up and then ssh
14 into the temporarily headless machine and kill X.
17 Grant