From: Heinz Sporn <heinz.sporn@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Web mail suggestions...
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:46:17
1 Am Dienstag, den 27.09.2005, 03:40 -0500 schrieb kashani:
2 > Alexander Skwar wrote:
3 > > Dave Nebinger schrieb:
4 > >
5 > >>Anybody out there able to point me to an existing open-source, solid
6 > >>package?
9 > > Horde
10 >
11 > Horde caveats:
12 >
13 > 1. must have +nls in mod_php
14 > 2. must be using a mod_php of no later than 4.3.11
15
16 Can't confirm that. I am running both Horde 2 and 3 with 4.4.0-r3.
17
18 > 3. moronic default settings for folder names and imap namespace.
19 >
20 > 4. v2 vs. v3.
21 > You have to decide between horde framework v2 and horde framework v3.
22 > v2 just works, but isn't as fancy. v3 does all kinds of stuff and... if
23 > you can spend the time to figure out how to turn it on. All v3 stuff is
24 > ~x86 at the moment. Gentoo does make things a bit easier with slotting
25 > and webapps-config.
26 >
27 > 5. Everything is a separate package
28 > No really. If you've installed less than 4 packages you're probably
29 > missing features you expected to have.
30 >
31 > 6. There is NO documentation.
32 > As always there are number of decent posts in the Gentoo forums which
33 > helped me muddle through most things. The qmail virt how-to also
34 > explains some basic setup as well.
35 >
36 > 7. db is required
37 > I'm actually not sure about this one. It appears that a db is needed to
38 > do filtering. Since this is not working yet, I can't say for sure.
39 >
40 > Can you guess which webmail package I've been attempting to subjugate
41 > for the past couple of hours?
42 >
43 > kashani
44 --