From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Roger Cahn <rcahn@×××××××××××××.fr>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Laptop
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:25:41
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 14:03 on Tuesday 26 October 2010, Roger Cahn
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I want to buy a laptop Asus N series,
7 > but could anybody tell me if its possible
8 > to use it with Gentoo-Linux?
9 > And in case of yes, if it's a good choice?
10 > Thank you
11 > Roger
14 Does it have Intel cpus? Then you can use it.
15 Will it work with the supplied wifi card? I haven't the foggiest clue mostly
16 as I don't know what card it has.
17
18 To get a sensible answer on a question like that, you MUST supply the entire
19 spec of all the hardware you intend to buy. Only then can people offer an
20 opinion on how good or otherwise the drivers are.
21
22 The way you composed that mail, everyone else will need to do the research on
23 the hardware for you. Most of us would rather you did that bit yourself.
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com