From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changes in USE flags - perhaps related to 2006.1?
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 05:20:46
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Saturday 02 September 2006 01:05, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> I moved onto 2006.1 profile, updated gcc, remerged system and now as I am
5 >> getting ready to remerge world, suddenly I noticed:
8 > Consider switching to the newly introduced desktop profile (2006.1/desktop).
9 > There is a server profile too but that doesn't seem to be what you're after
10 > here..
11 >
12 > [snipping flags that are enabled by the desktop profile]
15 >> -qt,
18 > This is replaced by two use flags namely qt3 and qt4. They are enabled by
19 > desktop too.
22 >> -xmms
25 > You might want to take notice of [1]. xmms will probably go to an overlay in
26 > the future. You may enable the flag in make.conf though...
27 >
28 > [1] http://groups.google.com/group/linux.gentoo.dev/tree/browse_frm/thread/d55c71aff656df3f/48bd9159e1e7a430
31 Of course its gentoo and therefore there is yet another approach:
32 USE="-* kde qt ....'all flags that you want'"
33 This way release changes wouldn't affect your USE flags.
36 Best regards,
37 Daniel
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list