From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emacs-cvs doesn't compile
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:06:38
1 Le 12/07/04 Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o> a écrit notamment:
2
3 > Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@××××.fr> writes:
4 >
5 >> Hello all,
6 >> I recently updated my system (emerge -u world); I had emacs-cvs-21.3.50-r1
7 >> and for some reason portage insisted on installing emacs (not the cvs
8 >> version), while I had not app-emacs in my world file. I tryed emergeing
9 >> emacs-cvs but portage wouldn't do it.
10 >> After some fighting I gave up and now I have emacs but not emacs-cvs, and
11 >> I can't install it!! Here is what I get:
12 >
13 > Since emacs-cvs is from latest CVS, you can expect breakage from time
14 > to time. It is the nature of all CVS ebuilds.
15
16 Yes, of course Just before following your advice I gave another try,
17 and it compiled all right; as I not emerge-synced since, nor
18 downloaded the files, I think there is some mystery in all this Thanks
19 for your help anyway
22 > For this specific problem you remove the offending texinfo lines in
23 >/usr/portage/cvs-src/emacs/...
24
25 [...]
30 Jean Magnan de Bornier
31 3 Cours Victor Hugo, 13980 Alleins France
32 Tel: 0870 39 34 03 Port: 06 09 17 35 87
33 mèl: jm.bornier*at*free.fr
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list