From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emacs-cvs doesn't compile
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:42:31
1 Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier@××××.fr> writes:
2
3 > Hello all,
4 > I recently updated my system (emerge -u world); I had emacs-cvs-21.3.50-r1
5 > and for some reason portage insisted on installing emacs (not the cvs
6 > version), while I had not app-emacs in my world file. I tryed emergeing
7 > emacs-cvs but portage wouldn't do it.
8 > After some fighting I gave up and now I have emacs but not emacs-cvs, and
9 > I can't install it!! Here is what I get:
10
11 Since emacs-cvs is from latest CVS, you can expect breakage from time
12 to time. It is the nature of all CVS ebuilds.
13
14 For this specific problem you remove the offending texinfo lines in
15 /usr/portage/cvs-src/emacs/...
18 Matthew Kennedy
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list