From: Chris Walters <cjw2004d@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] S.O.P.A and P.I.P.A and the blackout.
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 03:06:24
1 On 1/18/2012 08:21 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > I don't like the law and honestly I don't like 99% of the laws they even think
3 > about much less pass. Trust me, I let my Rep know several times that I oppose
4 > both of them and even got a phone call today from one of them. I also pointed
5 > out that no law we pass here affects the people overseas. Last I heard, when
6 > you got a few miles off shore, our laws pretty much end. The people in other
7 > countries are going to hack and steal and host whatever they want as long as it
8 > benefits them. They could care less what our laws are. They may be laughing
9 > at us too. I know I could care less what laws they pass somewhere else.
10
11 Check this out (and note this is without SOPA or PIPA).
12
13 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzS5rSvZXe8&feature=share
14
15 The US is notorious for extending our(not) laws to other countries.
16
17 > Little piece of info about me. If you want to get me really going, put a
18 > politician on TV and let his lips move. I can give a sailor a run for his
19 > money. O_O
20
21 That's why I don't watch news channels - too much chance of exposure to
22 politicians (worse than gamma radiation to me)...
23
24 Chris
27 ---
28 avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
29 Virus Database (VPS): 120118-1, 01/18/2012
30 Tested on: 1/18/2012 10:04:30 PM
31 avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2012 AVAST Software.