From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modular X undefined symbols.
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:47:33
1 Andrew MacKenzie wrote:
2 > My last email didn't seem to make it to the list, I hope this isn't a
3 > duplicate.
4 >
5 > I've converted 4 machines to modular X, and one is having an issue.
6 > My laptop (Thinkpad T43) is getting the following error when I start X:
7 >
8 > dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/i810_drv.so: undefined symbol vgaHWGetIndex
9 >
10 > If I run "X -configure" it complains about XAACreateInfoRec when loading
11 > i810_drv.so, and vgaHWGetIndex when loading "vga_drv.so." It also
12 > complains about VBEExtendedInit when loading the VESA driver.
13 >
14 > I've followed the conversion how-to. I've set the "dri" USE flag. My
15 > VIDEO_CARDS flag is set to "i810 vesa".
16 >
17 > I've been unable to find any solution... Does anyone have any idea what
18 > the problem is?
19
20 Please file a bug with this information, xorg.conf, /var/log/Xorg.0.log
21 and emerge --info.
22
23 Thanks,
24 Donnie