From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and path to internet
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 07:52:11
1 On 21/05/2013 23:36, Dale wrote:
2 > Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >> On 05/20/2013 07:08 PM, Dale wrote:
4 >>> Howdy,
5 >>>
6 >>> I noticed over the past few weeks a interesting issue. When I leave
7 >>> Seamonkey open for several hours, it looses its connection to the
8 >>> internet. If I open Firefox, it works fine. I can ping in a Konsole
9 >>> too. In Seamonkey tho, not even a simple page like google will work.
10 >>> If I close Seamonkey and then restart it, it works fine. I don't have
11 >>> to log out of KDE or anything either. Just restart Seamonkey and it
12 >>> works for a few more hours. Also, it affects both browser and email.
13 >>>
14 >> Try visiting an IP address instead of a hostname. There's an internal
15 >> DNS cache; if that's what's stopped working you can turn it off with
16 >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.dnsCacheExpiration in about:config.
17 >> And hopefully that avoids the lookup entirely.
22 > Dang, that thing was set to like forever. Default according to your
23 > link was supposed to be like 60 or something. Mine was set to over
24 > 250,000. O_O
25 >
26 > Maybe that will fix this thing. I seem to recall it would have "looking
27 > up ****" at the bottom. The **** is whatever website I was trying to
28 > get to.
29 >
30 > I'm not sure this is it but thanks much!! Should know pretty soon.
31
32 Hmmm. Mine is set the same - 30 days.
33
34 I wonder how that could have happened when Mozilla's wiki recommends 60
35 seconds as default
39 Alan McKinnon
40 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com