From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql to postgresql migration
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:27:27
1 On 15 July 2014 14:55:14 CEST, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >Hello,
3 >
4 >I recently ran across this script: py-mysql2pgsql [1]
5 >and this discussion on it's origin [2]. I'm keenly interested
6 >in the recommendations of others for migrating mysql databases
7 >to postgresql and any comments on this aforementioned script
8 >or other methodologies....
11 >TIA,
12 >James
15 >[1] https://github.com/philipsoutham/py-mysql2pgsql
16 >
17 >[2]
18 >http://www.tryolabs.com/Blog/2012/02/10/django-migrating-mysql-postgresql/
19
20 James,
21
22 I haven't looked into this recently. But I believe that the DDLs and data can be migrated relatively easy.
23
24 Just be aware that software specifically written using MySQLs version of SQL is unlikely to work on a different RDBMS without extensive rewrites.
25
26 This is the biggest problem people are facing when porting websites to use a different database.
27
28 What is the reason for migrating and what kind of data and applications are you using?
31 Joost
32 --
33 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.