From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to emerge bugzilla w/ postgresql
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 03:32:04
1 > > I am creating a new gentoo server, and I am in the handbook section to specify USE variables.
2 > > No matter how I errange my USE variable in the make.conf,
3 > >
4 > > emerge --update --pretend bugzilla -- wants to use mysql
5 > >
6 > > [ebuild N ] dev-db/mysql-4.1.20
7 > > [ebuild N ] dev-perl/DBD-mysql-2.9007
8 > >
9 > > ...
10 > >
11 > > USE="server symlink bugzilla sshd postgresql -mysql -mysqli postfix -X -xorg -berkdb -kde
12 > -gnome
13 > > -metacity"
14 > >
15 > > Is there a way to override this selection and have postgresql and DBD-pg installed instead?
16 >
17 > It is a bug in the ebuild dependencies. It has a hard dependency on
18 > DBD-mysql, which in turn has a hard dependency on mysql.
19 >
20 > It appears to be fixed in the later unstable ebuilds.
21 >
22 > For information on how to install unstable ebuilds, read Chapter 3.
23 > Working with Portage in the handbook.
24
25 Sounds good I will give it a try tomarrow!
26
27 Thanks for the feedback
28
29 Regards,